About the course
About the course
Social Media Video Production is a practically oriented course revolving around SoMe content creation for various purposes and target groups, e.g. film, television, education and information. Students will learn tools for effective storytelling and interviewing, as well as legal issues related to social media video publishing. Working mainly on smart phones, students learn basic techniques for recording, sound design, and editing videos and vlogs. The course has a workshop style where the students will be learning by doing.
Enrolled students are required to bring their own smart phones (iPhone or Android) with charging cable. Please update your operating system to the latest version.
Enrolled students are required to have a personal Facebook account. You will be invited to a class Facebook group.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Can show insights into effective storytelling for different social media target groups
- is familier with various styles of content in social media video
- is familiar with basic tools for creating and evaluating social media content
- is familiar with the workflow in social media video production
- can generate social media content ideas, for various purposes and target groups
- can plan, produce and publish quality video content for social media
- can critically evaluate and discuss own work
- can work in teams
- can adjust own work based on supervision comments and student discussions
Teaching and working methods
- Classroom lectures
- Idea workshops
- Content production in teams and individually
- Plenary evaluation
- Written reports
Assessment, examination and grading
In order take the exam, the students must have attended and passed the following:
- Assignments (video content production and individual report)
- Participation in plenary screenings, including presentations of videos
Portfolio examination (Social media video content produced during the course, and written report).
Exam languages: English or Scandinavian languages.
The curriculum for TEK1012 Social Media Video Production will be informed during the first lesson.