About the programme
This new international master programme in Special Education is fully taught in English and focuses on learning processes that arise when students engage in practical and estethical activities.
Through a combination of theoretical, practical and experimental approaches to special pedagogics we aim to facilitate critical debate and evaluate existing perspectives in the field. In addition we will work with developing new and innovative approaches in the field of education, especially with reference to children and young people with learning disabilities and / or special needs.
The primary goals of the Masters include:
- Develop and create innovative practical approaches to teaching and learning in special needs education
- Recognize and meet children and youth with disabilities and/ or special learning difficulties with knowledge, respect, dignity – in a collaborative process
- Develop conscious awareness of educational potential, through the re-connection of the hand (practical), the heart (emotional) and the head (intellectual)
- Develop conscious awareness of pedagogic possibilities and potential in new situations, contexts and locations
- Facilitate transformative learning through the relocation of the point of learning from the head to the hands and heart
- Effectively evaluate, reflect and research own practice in order to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning within a special needs context, reflecting the specific needs and resistances presented by the individual learner.
How to apply?
Apply through our local admission service using the code 4400 (choose "English taught programmes EU/EEA only" from the menu in the application portal). Click the Apply button on this page to proceed.