The course will cover central issues and theories, among which will be:
- Strategic planning, analysis and management.
- Strategic thought and historic development of the field.
- Industry analysis.
- Analysis of resources and capabilities.
- Integration of insight and findings from fields of accounting and finance, as well as economics.
- Corporate social responsibility
To view the course material for ØKA1021 Strategy, please search here. Do notice that the overview might not be available until a few weeks before the official semester start.
Knowledge (upon completion of the course, the student shall):
- Describe the strategic planning process
- Explain fundamental theories, models and analytical tools used in strategic analysis
- Outline the main strategic choices and the generic strategies
- Understand the various questions related to corporate social responsibilities (CSR).
- Be familiar with current trends and newer research in the field.
Skills (upon completion of the course the student shall be able to):
- Participate in rudimentary strategic analysis of a corporation, including evaluate strategic alternatives and give recommendations.
- Utilize academically relevant information from a variety of sources to explain the firms’ competitive condition and the competitive environment of the industry.
- Gain sufficient insight in problems related to ethics, environment and corporate social responsibility to be able to discuss CSR.
- Appraise the strategy process and evaluate results beyond traditional economic measures.
General competence (upon completion of the course the student shall be able to):
- Be aware of the connection between strategy and other business topics.
- Be able to acquire knowledge in English.
Would you like to apply?
The course is available only for students coming from our partner institutions. Contact the International Coordinator at your home institution to find out if you are eligible for exchange studies at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University). Please notice that applications can be submitted for one campus only.