This course deals with project management as a way of organizing and managing processes in general, and more specifically as an instrument or agent for innovation.
Specific topics dealt with, include:
- Types, sources and models of project management
- Project management in organizations as an instrument for innovation
- Organizing for innovation processes using projects, the relation between temporary and permanent organization
- Leading projects and working with project teams
- Learning and developing competence during a project
- The complexity regarding projects in ways of organizing and managing
- Collaborating and building trust in a project
To view the course material for INN3026 Project Management in Innovation Processes, please search here. Do notice that the overview might not be available until a few weeks before the official semester start.
- Understand the concepts of Project Management
- Know about the fundamental elements in project organized innovation processes
- Know how to organize and facilitate innovation processes as a project in organizations
- Know about opportunities and barriers in Project Management
Can discuss varieties of project management theories Can identify, and analyze project management theories and relate it to practical cases and issues Can work in project teams in innovation processes
The candidate can participate as a team member or as a project manager in project focusing on innovation. Students can review relevant literatures, critique and debate key theoretical concepts and apply these in practice in projects.
7,5 studiepoeng Spring
Would you like to apply?
The course is available only for students coming from our partner institutions. Contact the International Coordinator at your home institution to find out if you are eligible for exchange studies at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University). Please notice that applications can be submitted for one campus only.