About the course
The course is to provide competence in market communication and use of communication channels and tools.
Knowledge: On completion of the course the student is to:
- have knowledge of the overarching principles for communication and influence
- understand the connection between market communication and branding and brand management
- understand communication strategies and integrated communication planning
- know of the different communication channels and tools
Skills: On completion of the course the student is to:
- have the ability to analyse and reflect over an organisations market communication
- be able to define communication strategies
- be able to develop an integrated communication plan related to different types of organisations
- What is market communication?
- Theory, concepts and research in this area
- Psychological, sociological and financial views of the communication process
- Communication strategies and planning of communication
- Media and choice of media, with special focus on social media
- Communication in the corporate market
- Integrated market communication/integrated communication planning
- International market communication
Organisation and teaching methods: Lectures, with group work, case and problem solution
Prerequisites: 3MAR100 Marketing Management or similar
Course requirements that must be approved before being eligible to sit the examination: None
Assessment methods: Portfolio assessment in groups. More detailed information about the contents of the portfolio will be given at the start of the course.
Academic responsibility: Faculty of Business Administration