About the course
The purpose of the course is to introduce students to theoretical insights and practical tools in the field of management communication. Communication is crucial for managers and leaders who daily face challenges in communicating decisions, informing, motivating and inspiring employees and peers, as well as facilitating successful organizational development and change. The course adopts a micro perspective focusing on the interpersonal interaction, and aims at enhancing management communication skills for efficient and interpersonal and group communication.
Knowledge: Upon completing the course the students will obtain knowledge about:
- Communication models between individuals and/in groups.
- Communication theories and models for motivation and trust-building.
- Conscious and unconscious processes lying behind effective communication.
- Rhetoric and argumentation.
Skills: Upon fulfilling the course the student should develop practical skilles and abilities in:
- Creating and delivering message which motivates, persuades and produces a change
- Using creative communication techniques in interpersonal and group communication
- Exercising influence through communication
- Building relationships through communication
General competency: On completion of the course the student is to:
- Have developed a theoretical insights and practical tools in the field of management communication.
- Organizational communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Communication in groups
- Effective message
- Communication techniques
- Rhetorical techniques
Organisation and teaching methods: Lectures, workshops, group assignments, student presentations
Course requirements that must be approved before being eligible to sit the examination:
One written assignment – individual or in Groups. Mandatory attendance and participation in one group communication exercise.
Assessment methods: Oral exam in Groups. Main topics will be announced 48 hours in advance of the examination
Academic responsibility: Faculty of Business Administration