Students participating in exchange programmes are exempt from the payment of semester fees. Full degree students and students participating in shorter programmes are obligated to pay their semester fees.
You create the invoice for the semester fee in Studentweb.
General information concerning the semester fee: You pay a total of NOK 776,- in fee as a full time student and NOK 678,- as a part time student. The fee consists of:
Semester fee: NOK 445,-
ICT-fee: NOK 95,-
Kopinor-fee– full time: NOK 196,-
Kopinor-fee– part time: NOK 98,-
In addition there is the support to Norwegian Students' and Academics' International Assistance Fund ( SAIH) for the fall semester of NOK 40,- and the support to the Namibia Association ( Namibiaforeningen) for the spring semester of NOK 40,-. Both of these fees are voluntary contributions.
It is a condition to have paid the semester fee in order to:
- Be registered as an active student
- Get access to INN University’s ICT-services, for instance Studentweb and Canvas/Fronter
- Control your education plan and report for courses and exams
- Be able to present yourself at exams and retake your exam
- Have a valid student card
- Have a right to vote for INN University’s and the students’ administrative bodies
- Get access to the students association’s social welfare services
- Print and copy from INN University’s copy machines
- Borrow books from the library and get access to the library outside ordinary opening hours
Application for a refund of paid semester fee: An application for a refund of paid fees must be sent to INN University within 30 September for the fall semester and 1 February for the spring semester. There is an exception if you have paid too much.
If you have paid a semester fee to another Norwegian university or university of applied sciences, you can send us documentation. We will then withdraw the semester fee to the Student association, but you must still pay the Kopinor and ICT-fees for your studies at INN University. For more information, see Lov om Studentsamskipnader §10 Semesteravgift.