Digital examinations are being gradually introduced at INN University – with full implementation expected by 2019.
Get ready for digital school examinations with Inspera
Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is a specially designed browser that allows students to complete examinations using their own computer. SEB blocks access to all non-approved webpages, as well as to other programmes and files during an examination. SEB must be installed on your device before taking a digital examination, and you will be able to install SEB when you complete a demo examination (B).
A. You must use your own PC or Mac
- Tablets or PC-like tablet variants cannot be used for examinations.
- Use a device with which you are familiarized, or borrow a device and ensure you are familiarized with it well in advance.
B. Complete the demo examination online
- Login for all students (all campuses): inn.inspera.no
- Log in using Feide.
- Select 'Demo examinations'
- Select 'Demo examination with Safe Exam Browser'
- Download and install Safe Exam Browser the first time you take a demo examination
- Use password: INN123
- Make sure you have the latest version of Safe Exam Browser prior to each examination period.
- After the demo examination, a shortcut to Safe Exam Browser will appear on your PC’s desktop. This shortcut is not to be used; remove the shortcut once it appears.
- You may take the demo examination as many times as you wish.
- Use the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the word processor.
C. Make sure your device is functioning properly
- Make sure you are able to connect to the wireless network at your campus a few days before the examination. This is especially important for students who have an employee PC from other companies or government agencies.
- Check that your device and power cord are working properly and stably.
- Restart your device early on the day before the examination, so that it is "fresher" and updated.
If you need assistance, you may contact INN University IT user support
D. Arrive at the examination location in good time
- Arrive at the examination location no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the examination, unless otherwise specified on Studentweb.
- If you show up for the examination without a PC/Mac, or with a non-functioning device, you will have to complete your examination the traditional way – using pen and paper.
- If you show up late for the examination, you may not be allowed to take it.
For some digital school exams it will be possible to add sketches/text written on paper to the examination answer.