2019-2021 "Let's Take Care of the Planet"
The "Let's take care of the planet!" Project comes from an application to the Citizens Activites Program, co-financed by the EEA Grants Fund, supported by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The Calouste Gulbenkiam Foundation and the Bissaya Barreto Foundation are the managing entities of this program.
The overall objective of the project is to reinforce the democratic culture and civic awareness of school-age youth through the implementation of the methodology of the European project "Let's take care of the planet!" in Portugal, in a structured and networked way.
The project is coordinated by the ASPEA - Portuguese Association of Environmental Education, with the other partners of the project: the Centre for Collaborative Learning for Sustainable Development (at Inland Norway University), the Assembly of the Republic of Portugal, the Portuguese Institute of Sports and Youth (IPDJ), the Youth Centre of Lisbon (CJL), the NOVA University of Lisbon, the five Schools Association Formation Centres (CFAE), and the General Directorate of Education in Portugal.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1. Increase awareness-raising and training in schools in Education for citizenship and sustainable development.
2. Create a national network of "Let's Take Care of the Planet!" Schools based on the international project of the same name.
3. Strengthen young people's capacities for action by increasing their leadership and communication skills.
4. Influencing public policies by promoting the involvement of young people in political decisions.
5. Strengthen civic awareness in the general population in the area of sustainable development and civic participation, encouraging the adoption of public practices and personal behaviours converging with ODS.
6. Train the partner entities in the project, identifying their needs and offering technical skills in the project theme.
The project has a duration of 30 months (April 2019 - September 2021).