The group contributes to research relevant to the school subjects English and Norwegian. It is, furthermore, committed to interdisciplinarity, both within the group and in collaboration with other research groups.
We work across the disciplines with literature, focusing on children’s and young adult literature in the classroom. Several members of the group have a research interest in poetry. Members of the group are also involved in projects related to reading, writing and cultural understanding in the school subjects Norwegian as a first language and English as a second or foreign language.
- Professor Sandra Kleppe: "Poetry and Pedagogy", "Poetry and Sustainability", Raymond Carver
- Dosent Juliet Munden: litteraturforståelse i diverse skolekontekster
- Høgskolelektor Angela Fisher: profesjonell utvikling av engelsklærere i barneskolen
- Universitetsbibliotekar Karianne Dæhlin Hagen: akademisk skriving
- Høgskolelektor Knut Øystein Høvik: engelskfagets utvikling i et historisk perspektiv
- Stipendiat Inger-Kristin Larsen Vie: biografi som skolerelevant sjanger
- Stipendiat Marit Elise Lyngstad: biografi som skolerelevant sjanger
- Førsteamanuensis Heidi Silje Moen: poetry and pedagogy, poetry and sustainability
- Førstelektor Christina Sandhaug: Shakespeare som skolerelevant sjanger
- Høgskolelektor Torunn S. Skjærstad: historisk litteratur som skolerevant sjanger
- Stipendiat Tove Sommervold: litterære samtaler
One of the corner stones of the research group is projects and publications related to "Poetry and Pedagogy" and "Poetry and Sustainability". Other ongoing or recently completed projects are about Shakespeare, dystopian literature, historical literature and biography as school-relevant genres literature comprehension in various school contexts literary conversations the development of the English subject in a historical perspective professional development of English teachers in primary school academic writing