The PERL international conference entitled: A Decade of Responsible Living: Preparing, Engaging,Responding and Learning.
The conference was successfully held on March 10-11, 2015 and focused on the future and its challenges using the experience of a decade of dedicated activity by PERL partners.
PERL conference 2015 — A unique milestone
The goal of the conference was to encourage a new decade of innovative initiatives about responsible living and took place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris
The conference dealt with the following themes:
The PERL international conference was retrospective, showing what has been accomplished by the CNN/PERL networks in relation to the development of policies about sustainable lifestyles; the creation of awareness about consumer citizenship, civic involvement and environmental stewardship; the adaptation and implementation of teaching methods and materials; and research, projects and publications about education for responsible living. The conference was also interactive and illustrative providing insights/case studies/best practices through presentations, exhibitions, world café, round tables, etc. Additionally, the conference examined ways of contributing to processes leading to a more just and sustainable world for all.
- Preparing: values-base for education about sustainable lifestyles; global and national policies, the post-2015 agenda (Sustainable Development Goals); research on Sustainable consumption and production.
- Engaging: in the post-DESD agenda, the Global Action Program on ESD; in the 10-Year Framework Program; in the process of capacity-building (teachers and educators in non-formal education and interdisciplinary approaches.
- Responding: content development; stakeholder involvement, community consultations, social movements, curriculum reform.
- Learning: non-formal, informal and formal education; active learning; transformative learning, multi-literacy; education about sustainable lifestyles, active learning, values-based learning, rural learning, intergenerational learning, traditional wisdom, community based learning.
- Multidimensional approach: papers in this category will deal with two or more of the above dimensions.