PERL has worked for well over a decade on raising awareness and developing and implementing educational approaches to sustainable consumption and production. As member of the Marrakech Task Forces on Sustainable Lifestyles and on Education for Sustainable Consumption, PERL has carried out many activities. PERL is presently a member of the Multi-stakeholder Advisory committee of the 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Lifestyles and Education:
The objectives of the 10YFP are to:
- Accelerate the shift towards SCP, supporting regional and national policies and initiatives.
- Contributing to resource efficiency and decoupling economic growth from environmental degradation and resource use, while creating decent jobs and economic opportunities and contributing to poverty eradication and shared prosperity.
- Mainstream SCP into sustainable development policies, programmes and strategies, as appropriate, including into poverty reduction strategies.
- Support capacity building and facilitate access to financial and technical assistance for developing countries, supporting the implementation of SCP activities at the regional, sub-regional and national levels.
- Enable all stakeholders to share information and knowledge on SCP tools, initiatives and best practices, raising awareness and enhancing cooperation and development of new partnerships – including public-private partnerships.