UNSYIAH is a state funded university, located in Darussalam, Banda Aceh, Indonesia. It was established in 1961. UNSYIAH offers undergraduate, graduate as well as professional programmes in Economics, Veterinary Science, Teacher Training and Education, Engineering, Law, Agriculture, Medicine, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Social and Political Sciences, Nursing, Dentistry, Fisheries and Marine Science as well as a Postgraduate programme.
The University is home to the Tsunami and Disaster Mitigation Research Centre, Centre of Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies, International Centre of Aceh and Indian Ocean Studies, in addition to other research centers such as the Community Service Centre, Laboratory School and English Language Centre.
UNSYIAH has approximately 5,400 students enrolled each semester who come from various places in Aceh province, the other provinces of Indonesia and abroad, supported by a staff of 1,526 academics and 1,029 administrative personnel.
The Nursing Science Programme was established in 1999 as part of the Faculty of Medicine, but in 2013 Syiah Kuala University decided to establish nursing as an independent faculty in its own right. The vision for the Nursing Faculty is that it will become a professional nursing institution in Indonesia specializing in community health nursing. The Faculty has 486 students and 63 lecturers. It offers Bachelor and Master programs in community nursing. Currently, the graduates from this faculty are working throughout Indonesia in public and private hospitals, community health centers and nursing education.
- Hajjul Kamil, Doctor in Nursing, Dean of the Faculty of Nursing, Syiah Kuala University
- Fithria Nirwan, MNSc, Vice Dean of Development and Cooperation affairs
- Aiyub Ilyas, MSc. in Mental Health Care, Lecturer at the Psychiatric Nursing Department
- Teuku Tahlil, PhD, Vice Dean for Academic Affair of Nursing Faculty, Syiah Kuala University
- Syarifah Rauzatul Jannah, Doctor of Psychiatry and Mental Health Nursing, Head of Department of Psychiatry and Mental, Health Nursing
- Asniar, PhD in Nursing, Master of Community Health Nursing, Lecturer in Community Health Nursing Department