Library courses in information literacy:
- Evaluating and citing sources (Bachelors students)
- Critical and ethical use of information (Masters students)
All new students are offered these courses, where you will learn how to cite sources correctly in a paper. Students at HUAS are expected to cite sources in the correct manner. Correct use of sources and references will improve the quality of your papers, and you will avoid plagiarizing.
If you need to repeat all or some of the material, please go to Fronter > Biblioteket > Informasjonskompetanse to find PowerPoints and videos.
In the BA-course we address the following issues:
- how to critically evaluate sources
- how to cite sources in written work
- what needs to be documented
- how to write in-text citations and references following the APA-style of referencing
- how to avoid plagiarism
- use of Wikipedia
In addition, the MA-course includes:
- relevant legislation in Norway
- examples of scientific misconduct