New students, and students admitted to new full-degree studies in autumn 2020, will receive information regarding payment of semester fees and semester registration by e-mail, during week 32. You cannot register for a semester or create an invoice until you have received this information. If you do not receive the e-mail, please contact our institution on: email@example.com.
The payment of semester fees and completion of the semester registration need to be done each semester, in order to maintain the right to study at INN University.
It is important for you as a new student to have access to our IT systems and networks, even before you show up for the start of your studies.
All new full-degree students with a Norwegian National Identity Number/D-number need to complete the following steps in order to register:
Step 1: Pay the semester fee and complete the semester registration
- Log on to Studentweb with MinID or your Norwegian National Identity Number/D-number and PIN-code. The PIN code is provided in the e-mail.
- Payment information can be found under “More” -> Payments. You will need to generate the invoice here.
- After you have completed the payment, it will take up to several working days until it is registered in our systems. Please remember to complete the payment as soon as possible, as international transfers may take time.
- Choose “Start registration” and complete the registration sequence. With these steps, you will sign up for the teaching and exam in your courses. You will receive a receipt by e-mail when you have completed the semester registration.
Step 2: Activate your student account
When the semester fee is paid, and you have completed the semester registration, you can activate your student account in the Selvbetjeningsportalen. Log on to Studentweb to check the status of your fee.
NB: If you did not provide your mobile phone number or e-mail address when you applied for the study, you need to register this in Studentweb under “My profile”. The mobile phone number is needed to activate your account.
- Choose “Aktivere konto” and “Student”. Enter your Norwegian National Identity Number/D-number to receive a one-time code on your mobile phone. This code is necessary for the activation process.
- Upon activating, you will be assigned a username (your student number), and you need to create a password. This username and password will apply to all IT systems at the institution, including StudentWeb.
In order to get access to Canvas for information on your courses and the course schedules, it will be of great advantage to have completed step 1 and 2 prior to the start of your studies. You will then have access to the systems and networks needed throughout the semester.
Step 3: Attendance registration
Your study coordinators will provide information on the attendance date and time.
Step 4: Student ID
After the semester fee and semester registration have been completed, you can get order a student ID-card and get a digital student ID through the “Studentbevis” app. Your student card is valid as a student ID, as an access card for the institutional premises, library card and for access to the printers. The app can be used in such as the student organizations, public transportation companies to get a student discounts and other places.