For the Norwegian version, please view our Norwegian webpage.
Do you want to be an International Buddy at INN University?
International students at INN University can apply to be a Buddy during their second semester (exchange students) or from their second semester (full-degree students). Students whom are selected to partake in, and completes, in the Buddy Course, will receive 5 ECTS. The course is conducted in English.
As a Buddy, you will help create a good environment for international students at the campus you are studying. This not only by planning activities, but also by assisting the students throughout the semester. You have already been through the process of moving to Norway. Therefore; you have great knowledge on the challenges they are up against. The Buddy Program's goal is to help the students during this difficult transition. Your participation can be of an even greater help for the students and the other Buddies.
- Compulsory attendance at 80% of the seminars/meetings. Extra work will be given if the attendance is under 80%. Possibility for failing the course if these are not met.
- Compulsory pick-up of the new students before the semester starts.
- Mid-term Exam (only at Campus Lillehammer) and Final Exam (all campuses).
- The final grading will be given as passed/failed.
As a Buddy, you are responsible for:
- Ensuring a good integration of the new (and already attending) international students at your campus.
- Communicating with students prior to their arrival.
- Picking-up students at the Train Station and showing them their student dorm.
- Providing a tour at the campus and in the City Centre.
- Participating in the Orientation Week/meeting.
- Providing assistance with the application for residence permit at the police station (only for bilateral students).
- Informing and including the students in the activities the Student Groups are arranging.
- Planning events and activities for the international students together with the other Buddies.
- Participating in regular meetings with the International Office.
As a Buddy, you will:
- Acquire knowledge on internationalisation of higher education in Norway.
- Become familiar with HINN's strategy for internationalisation.
- Acquire theoretical knowledge on and practical skills within networking.
- Gain increased knowledge on intercultural understanding and communication.
- Improve your language skills within English, and possibly other languages.
- Learn how to plan and conduct activities (including how to make and keep track of a budget) in a team.
The program has compulsory attendance and can be time consuming. For more information, please contact the International Office in your Campus!