The RaAM 2020 local organizing committee invites submissions from individuals or groups for pre-conference workshops, to be held on the morning of June 18, before the conference officially opens in the afternoon of the same day.
All topics relevant to RaAM members are welcome, but we require workshops to focus on ‘hands-on’ activities including active audience participation. We encourage workshops with a focus on methodologies and/or practical guidance for conducting metaphor research with ‘real-world’ applications.
If you are interested in convening such a workshop, please submit a workshop proposal by 15 August 2019 containing the following information:
- Title of workshop
- Organizer(s): Name, affiliation, email address, brief biographical information (50-60 words). Identify the primary contact person.
- Description of workshop (200-300 words): Key issue(s) & objective(s), workshop format & activities.
- Estimated number of participants (i.e. minimum and maximum possible)
- Requirements for participation, if any (e.g. knowledge prerequisites, technical equipment)
- Any special technical (or other) requirements necessary at the workshop site
- In general, workshops will be allotted 2 hours. Depending on response to this call, however, we may open for longer workshops. Please indicate whether you would prefer 3 hours, should we have the possibility.
Send a Word document with your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header RaAM 2020 workshop proposal no later than 15 August 2019. You will be sent notification of acceptance by 15 September 2019.
Consult our website: https://eng.inn.no/raam
We are also on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram: @RaAMconf #2020INNmetaphor
Questions? Feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com
Please note that there is a separate call for papers/works-in-progress/posters (deadline for abstract submission: 01 November 2019).