Our Call for Papers is now closed. We received a total of 220 submissions. Notification of acceptance will be sent out in January. Thanks to all of you for your interest in RaAM 2020!
The CfP read as follows:
We are pleased to announce that the 13th conference for the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM) will be hosted by Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN) in collaboration with the Centre for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan (Multiling), a Centre of Excellence at the University of Oslo.
RaAM 2020 will be held from 18-21 June 2020 at INN’s Faculty of Education in Hamar, Norway. Hamar is located north of Oslo (and Norway’s main international airport, Gardermoen), one hour by train.
The theme of RaAM 2020 is Metaphorical creativity in a multilingual world.
The language of the conference is English.
We are pleased to announce a great line-up of plenary speakers:
- Marianna Bolognesi (University of Oxford, UK)
- Daniel Casasanto (Cornell University, USA)
- Jeannette Littlemore (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Tony Veale (University College Dublin, Ireland)
We welcome papers that address all aspects of metaphor (and related) research from any perspective, including but not restricted to the following:
- Multimodal metaphor
- Metaphor in spoken discourse
- Metaphor in gesture
- Metaphor in cross-cultural communication
- Applied metaphor studies
- Metaphor and translation
- Metaphor in language learning
- Metaphor and film
- Metaphor in education
- Metaphor and language contact
We welcome submissions pertaining to the main topics of the conference listed above. Please note that while you do not have to be a member of RaAM to submit an abstract, paid membership of RaAM is mandatory to register and present at the conference. You can join RaAM here. Abstracts should be 300 words (excluding references) and should provide the following:
- clearly articulated research question(s) and its/their relevance to the conference theme;
- the most essential details about research approach, data and methods;
- if possible, (preliminary) results and their interpretation.
You may apply for one of the following:
- Paper: 20 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion
- Work in progress (WiP): ‘20in20’ format (i.e. 20 slides for 20 seconds of commentary each, for a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds)
- Poster presentation
Note that instructions for both WiP and poster presenters will be sent out upon acceptance.
Abstracts should be submitted through EasyChair. If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to set up an EasyChair account.
Our submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=raam2020.
The deadline for submission is 15 November 2019 (NEW, revised date from the original call!)
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by our scientific committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent by 05 January 2020.
While the conference proper will begin in the early afternoon of June18, we will also host hands-on pre-conference workshops in the morning. There is a separate call for anyone interested in holding such a workshop (deadline 15 August 2019).
Please consult our website: https://eng.inn.no/raam
We are also on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram: @RaAMconf #2020INNmetaphor
Feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com