Instructions for everyone & Instructions for presenters!
Everyone: Creating your own account, signing into your Zoom account, updating your profile
Presenters: 'Share screen', 'Stop share', and settings for Mac users.
Creating your own account
- To sign up for your own free account if you do not already have an account, visit zoom.us/signup and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email from Zoom ( email@example.com). In this email, click Activate Account.
- Download the (free) Zoom client for meetings here.
Signing in to your Zoom account on the web
You can login to your Zoom account on the web at any time, at zoom.us/signin. Once you're logged in, use the panel on the left side to navigate the Zoom web portal. You can update your profile, schedule a meeting, edit your settings, and more.
Updating your profile
- You can update your profile by adding a profile picture, set your time zone, update your password and more.
- To access your Zoom profile, sign in to the Zoom web portal and click Profile.
- See here for instructions with screenshots.
Using dual monitors
If you are using a dual monitor set-up, you can turn on the Use Dual Monitors feature to see the screen sharing on one monitor and participants on the second. More information for presenters who want to use dual screens is here.
For presenters (and chairs):
See here for instructions with screenshots.
How to share your screen
- Click the Share Screen button located in your meeting controls (bottom bar… if you see no bar, just move your mouse around on the screen & the bar will appear).
- Select the screen you want to share. (NB: It is also possible to share an individual application that is already open on your computer, but we recommend that you share the screen the ppt is open on, rather than the ppt itself).
- If you want to play an audio or video clip, enable these features:
- Check Share Computer Sound: If you check this option, any sound played by your computer will be shared in the meeting.
- Check Optimize for full screen video clip: Check this if you will be sharing a video clip in full screen mode. Do not check this otherwise, as it may cause the shared screen to be blurry.
- Click Share.
- Zoom will automatically switch to full screen to optimize the shared screen view. To exit full-screen, click Exit Full Screen in the top-right corner or press the Esc key.
- To disable automatic full screen when viewing a shared screen, disable this option in your desktop client settings: Enter full screen automatically when a participant shares screen.
How to ‘Stop Share’
Click on ‘Stop Share’. It should be at the top of your screen unless you have moved it. If you are using dual monitors, it might be on the second monitor.
For Mac users
On Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, you need to allow Zoom access to screen recording to share your screen. You can do this in your System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording. Check the option for zoom.us.