The format of the WiPs is '20in20': i.e. 20 slides for 20 seconds of commentary each, for a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
You will have to prepare and film your presentation in advance, and upload it to an online site that we provide: a WiP Wall.
- Click here for a short instructional video about how to make your digital poster, how to film it, and how to post it on the Poster Wall.
- The video is itself posted on a Wall, so you will also get a clearer idea of the whole concept. Feel free to leave a comment while you are there!
Deadline for posting your video on the WIP Wall:
- 11 June 2020
- Conference volunteers will check your film to ensure that you have conformed to the required format and time (6 minutes and 40 seconds).
- If there are any problems, you will be contacted and asked to revise your presentation and upload the revised version before the conference starts.
The link for the WiP Wall...
- ...has been sent via email to all WiP presenters. If you have not received it, please contact us immediately, here.
- They will be able to visit it at their leisure, watch your presentation, and leave comments.
1. Prepare a Powerpoint presentation with 20 slides, with the automatic timer set for 20 seconds per slide.
- We recommend very little to no text per slide. One single image per slide is often the most effective.
- You can say very little in 20 seconds-- perhaps just a single sentence!
- Keep your message simple and straightforward. Think through what is really essential to convey.
- Practice, and then practice some more!
2. Record yourself while you present your WiP.
- A user-friendly and free online tool that we recommend for this is Loom.
- It allows you to capture your screen, voice, and face and instantly share your video afterwards.
- It works on a PC or a Mac.
3. Upload your video to our WiP Wall.
- The wall is hosted by Padlet, an easy-to-use tool that allows for online collaboration: the equivalent of an online bulletin board.
- Create a Padlet account in your name before you post your WiP video. Otherwise, your post will appear as posted by 'Anonymous'.