European University Association
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences is a proud member of the European University Association (EUA). EUA is the representative organisation of universities and national rectors’ conferences in 47 European countries. EUA plays a crucial role in the Bologna Process and in influencing EU policies on higher education, research and innovation. Thanks to its interaction with a range of other European and international organisations EUA ensures that the independent voice of European universities is heard, wherever decisions are being taken that will impact on their activities.
Read more about the European University Association
SANORD is a member organization (43 member institutions) which aims at strengthening research collaboration between partners. INN University is a member, and so are some of Inn University`s main partners: University of Namibia, University of Zambia, University of Tanzania and Karlstad University. With the African universities there is both research and collaboration on exchange of students (both ways), on development of master programs, and master and PhD students from partner institutions who are enrolled at INN University.
UNESCO chair in Education for sustainable lifestyles
In 2014 Hedmark University of Applied Sciences (now INN University) was awarded the first UNESCO chair to a Norwegian institution. For a decade, HUAS has headed different international networks working on Education for sustainable lifestyle: CCN: Consumer Cititzenship network (to 2009) and PERL: Partnership for Education and Research about Responsible Living, PERL 1 (2009-2012) and PERL 2 (2012-2015). All three projects have been financed by EU. In 2014 HUAS received 250 000 EURO of a total of 625 000 EURO from Erasmus Academic network for PERL 2). PERL 2 coordinates work within 140 institutions in 50 countries.
The application to UNESCO to establish the chair involved a UNITWIN programme, building on letters of intent from 29 partners worldwide, who will work together with HUAS in capacity building of higher education institutions within the field “Education for sustainable Lifestyles”. The program is supposed to be a think tank as well as bridge builder between the academic world, civil society, local communities, research and policy-making. The following higher education institutions are members of this UNITWIN program:
- Norway: Hedmark University of Applied Sciences (now INN University), University of Agder
- Sweden: Lund University, Uppsala University
- Denmark: Aarhus University
- Finland: University of Helsinki
- Germany: Technical University of Berlin
- Malta: University of Malta
- Lithuania: Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences
- Slovenia: University of Ljubljana
- Irland: Carlow Institute of Technology
- Portugal: Setubal College of Education
- Belgium: VIVES University College
- Italy: Milano Politechnical
- South Africa: Rhodes University
- Namibia: University of Namibia
- Brazil: Rural Federal university of Rio de Janeiro (UFRRJ)
- China: Beijing Normal University, Environmental Education Center