Language: NOR | ENG

Upon arrival

International exchange student with a happy dog during Husky Tours in winter

Getting to the dorm

Where can I get my dorm key?

Your assigned Buddy will bring the key upon pick-up. Remember to submit the Arrival Form within deadline. Students whom do not submit their arrival form, will not be picked up, and must come to the International Office to pick up their housing key themselves (if students rent through SINN). The International Office is open 08:00-15:00 on Monday to Friday. 

How will I get to my dorm?

Your assigned Buddy will bring you to your dorm, if you arrive by train/bus. Students arriving by car is recommeded to schedule the pick-up outside their dorm. 


How can I find the bus schedules?

Download the app "Entur" to check the bus schedules in Lillehammer.

How do I get from my dorm/Lillehammer city to the University?

By bus. Bus nr. B1, B2 and B4 goes directly to the University campus from the city centre. From the student dorms, check the app for the most convenient bus. 

Should I buy a bus card?

It is recommended to buy a bus card (50 NOK), and refill it every 30-days. A 30-day pass with the bus costs approximately 350 NOK. With the bus card, one can travel as much as one would like to with the city busses (B1-B8) within 30-days. The Buddy will assist their students upon arrival with purchasing a bus card. 

It is also possible to download the app "Opplandstrafikk Reise" and buy the bus pass through the app. Do notice that it is not possible to transfer this pass to your physical bus card.

On-campus housing

How do I connect to the WiFi in the dorm?

The main WiFi at the dorms is the SINN student WiFi. Information on how to connect to the SINN student WiFi, can be found in SINN's web-page. If you cannot connect, please contact SINN directly.

How can I pay my rent?

Rent can be paid online before arrival, or by card at the SINN Office after arrival (VISA/MASTERCARD/MAESTRO/AMERICAN EXPRESS). SINN does not accept cash.

Can I pay all of my rent at once?

Yes, it is possible. Please contact the SINN Office. 

There is a defect in my room/my room is not clean/I have other problems with my room upon arrival. Whom do I contact?

Please contact SINN directly. In your online profile in SINN's web-page, you have the possibility of reporting a defect/other problems to SINN. Please report it through your profile. Staff from SINN will check out the problem/respond quickly during weekdays. Do notice that you might not get an answer during weekends.

Where do I smoke?

It is not permitted to smoke inside your room, in the kitchen, other common areas or outside the windows/fans. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside your dorm.

Finding your way in the University

How can I find the classrooms, auditoriums, study rooms, other rooms and the different buildings in Campus Lillehammer?

An easy way to find this is to look at the online map. If the University does not show up right away, search for it - HINN Lillehammer. You can then search directly for the name of the room or look through the floors to find it. To go from one floor to the next, click on the numbers in the left side of the screen. Otherwise; ask the main reception where you need to go.