Language: NOR | ENG

During the semester

On-campus housing

Can I park for free at my dorm?  

  • No. You need to register your car at the SINN Office after arrival. The fee is 100 NOK per month. Students living in the Smestad or Lundebekken dorm, need to visit SINN to register their car. Students living in Olympiaparken, Storhove and other places can send an e-mail to directly to with full name, dormitory of residence and the car's registration number. 


How do I report defects inside or outside the dorm?

  •  Defects needs to be reported right away through your  SINN profile.


I have lost the key to my dorm, what should I do?

  • Go to the SINN Office between 08:00 to 15:00 (Monday-Friday) to get a spare key. Outside normal working hours, contact NOKAS at 815 00 820. State your city and dorm. The student will be charged a fee for the lost key. The precise amount of fee is stated in the housing regulation. If the key is lost outside the opening hours, an extra fee will be added for the help from NOKAS.


Can I smoke in my room?

  •  No. Smoking is not permitted inside the dorm. Students can only do so in designated areas outside. Do not smoke out from your window or underneath fans.  


How can I change my dorm after arrival?

  • If you are not pleased with your dorm or have other reasons, please contact SINN. There are no guarantees that there are available rooms in other dormitories. International Office cannot change your room.

INN University

What is the contact information for International Office?

  • The contact information can be found  here.


What is the address of Campus Lillehammer?

  • The address can be found  here.


How do I log on to the Eduroam WiFi?

  • Students whom have Eduroam at their home institution will automatically enter Eduroam at INN University. To enter the Eduroam WiFi with your INN account, use your student and your password. A temporary password is given by the International Office upon arrival. 


I cannot log on to the Eduroam. What should I do?

  • Check if you have inserted the correct password. Otherwise, go to settings on your computer/phone and forget the Eduroam WiFi. Try to log on again. If it does not work, please visit the IT-Department.


How do I change the password for my INN University Account?

  • After having received an e-mail with the student number (username) and temporary password, go to to change your password.


When will I get my Student ID card?

  • Information on when will be given during the Orientation Day.


How do I activate my student card on the printers?


Until when can I change my courses?

  • For courses running during the fall semester, the deadline is the end of August. For courses running during the spring semester, the deadline is the end of January.


How do I change my courses?

  • The change must be approved by the home institution. Courses cannot collide. Erasmus+ students need to use the "During the Mobility" part of their Learning Agreement or provide a new Learning Agreement. This depend upon what is required from the home institution. Bilateral students need to use the second part of  their Learning Agreement


How do I find the course time-schedule?

  • The course time-schedule can be found in TimeEdit, or in Canvas. Canvas will only show the courses each student is signed up for. 
  • NB: The course time-schedule for Video Production and Cross Cultural Communication will be forwarded by the International Coordinator. 


How can I find the class rooms? 

  • Each part of the University has different names. In the  course time-schedule, each classroom has one letter (and numbers). All Auditoriums (eg. Aud-A) are located in the main building. Other rooms are located around the campus. Eg. G107 = Gamlebygget, floor 1, room 7. Do note that the TV-School on 4th floor has separate rooms (for Video Production). 
  • G = Gamlebygget (the Old Building). I = Internatet (together with the SINN Office). K = Nyhove. M = Montenegro. N = Nordhove. P = Paviljongen. S = Sørhove. V = Vesthove. Ø = Østhove. For an easy overview, check out  the online map of Campus Lillehammer.


Does the INN University have a gym?

  • Yes. For approximately 300 NOK per semester, students can sign up for the gym. While doing so, they can participate in as many of Lillehammer Student Sports' (LSI) activites as they wishes (soccer, handball, lacrosse, volleyball ++). Information on how to sign up will be given during the Orientation Day. Students must pay the fee with their credit/debit card. After paying, it will take a few days to get access to the Gym. To access the Gym, students must use their student card and 4-digit pin code. 


Where can I find the link to Studentweb, Canvas, Inspera and TimeEdit (course time-schedule)?

  • The links can be found  here


How do I find my curriculum?

  • The curriculum can be found in our  web-page (only in Norwegian). Obligatorisk = Mandatory. Anbefalt = Recommended. Curriculum can be bought at the Book Store in the Campus.


Do I have to buy the curriculum?

  • Much of the curriculum is accessible thorugh online links. It is most likely that each course has 1-3 books which the students should buy. It can be bought in the Book Store at the University, borrowed in the Library for free (limited amount of books), or buyed through a second-hand Facebook Group. One of the Facebook groups are for students who wish to sell/buy used curriculum. If you would like to buy through these groups, the assigned Buddy can be of assistance. Do note that 99% of sales/requests in the group is made in Norwegian. There are also one copy of each book available in the Library at all times, which cannot be borrowed.


How do I enter the University outside the opening hours?

  • By using your INN University Student ID and the 4 digit number. To see the opening hours, please see our  web-page.


Can I park for free at the University? 

  • Yes, in designated spots. Information will be given after arrival in Lillehammer.


Can I smoke inside the University buildings?

  • No. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside.


Which type of exam will I have during my exchange?

  • The type of exam differs according to each course. Some have oral exams, others have 3-4 hour school exams, while others have home exams. To read more, please see  here.


I need extra time on my exams, how do I apply for this?

  • Students is in need of special exam arrangements for medical or other reasons, can apply by handing in an application form. For more information, see  here. Do remember the deadline.


How do I cite my sources?

  • Please see  the Library's web-page for how to easily write and cite. 
  • A seminar on how to cite sources will be held each semester.


If I fail an exam, can I retake it the same semester?

  • No. Retakes are done the following semester. If students need to improve their grade, they can only retake the exam the next time the course runs – in one year.


How do I ask for a justification of my grade?

  • Within one week after the grade is publised, an e-mail has to be sent to the course coordinator asking for a justification. Remember to include the candindate number.


How do I appeal against the grading?

  • Please view  this web-page for information. Do note that it normally takes 8-10 weeks to get an answer on the appeal. 


Will there be one/several information meeting(s) for exams?

  • Yes. Two is held in early September and early February each semester. These are mandatory meetings for exchange students. Students staying one year only need to participate in a meeting during their first semester.

Doctor's office and Emergency Ward

I need to visit the Doctor’s Office. Where do I go?

  • Call (+47) 116117 to book an appointment. If students need help in calling the doctor, please ask the Buddies or the International Office. The Doctor in charge changes every day; therefore, do note that the location might change too. After the appointment, students need to pay for their visit at the Doctor’s Office. If the fee is not paid, an invoice will be delivered in the mail box with an additional invoice fee.


I need to go to the Emergency ward, how do I go there?


I need to call an ambulance, or get immediate help. Which number should I call?

  • Call 113. If it does not demand immediate attention, please visit the Emergency Ward (if the Doctor’s Office is closed).

Experiencing Lillehammer

How can I get information about things to do in Lillehammer?


I want to volunteer during my stay at different events. Is this possible?

  •  Yes. We are currently working on generating the web-site. More information will be given during the Orientation Day. 


I would like to rent hiking equipment, sports equipment and games. Where can I do so?

  • The store  Vandreskoen offers equipment students and others can rent (not free). For other types of equipment and games, this can be rented from  BUA Lillehammer for free. Do note that BUA has specific rules regarding renting. Information will be given on the Orientation Day. Both web-pages are only in Norwegian. 


I would like to cycle around Lillehammer. Is there any special web-page for with information?