Application for exchange at INN University
How do I (exchange student) apply for INN Univeristy?
- Please view our web-site for the application procedure.
What are the semester dates for the following semester?
- The semester dates are automatically updated in the web-page for incoming exchange students. Do note that other campuses might have different semester dates. If the semester dates are not yet published, please send an e-mail to the International Office at INN University, Campus Lillehammer.
Where can I find the Academic Calendar?
- The Academic Calendar can be found here.
- The vacation dates differs from year to year. Depending on your combination of courses, some students might have more days off than others.
Where can I find the course overview?
- It can be found here. Do remember to choose your level of studies (BA/MA) the semester you will be attending INN University.
Where do I find the course codes?
- Choose a course. Click on the button with "Curriculum 2019/2020". The course code can be found in front of the course name.
What is the contact information for International Office?
- The contact information can be found here.
What is the address of Campus Lillehammer?
- The address can be found here.
What is the Erasmus+ code of INN University?
- N ELVERUM02
When should I arrive in Lillehammer?
- It is recommended to arrive prior to the Orientation Day. Arrival on a Sunday is not recommended, as the stores are closed.
At what time should I arrive in Lillehammer?
- As long as the Arrival Form is submitted, the assigned Buddy will pick up the student, no matter what time he/she arrives.
Is the pick-up service offered at the Airport/in Oslo?
- No. Students have to travel to Lillehammer. Recommended transportation from the airport is by train (VY).
Should I buy a train ticket before arriving?
- We do not recommend this. Download the VY (train) app, and register your user. You can easily book a ticket after landing in Gardermoen Airport. Otherwise, you can buy the tickets in the automats in the Airport (same price), or on the train (a small fee might be added).
- If you travel from one time zone to another, this might affect your ticket. Therefore; buy the ticket upon arrival.
When will my buddy contact me?
- The Buddies are assigned according to the information given in the Arrival Form. Students will be contacted after the deadline for submitting the Arrival Form. International Office will give information when the Buddies start contacting students.
Application for on-campus housing
When should I apply for on-campus housing?
- SINN (the housing office) opens the housing application for incoming exchange students after the application deadline in a given semester. Students should wait until they have received the Acceptance Letter. This letter is given after the application deadline for INN University, Campus Lillehammer. To read more, please view the housing information for exchange students.
How do I apply for on-campus housing?
- Admitted students will receive an e-mail together with their Acceptance Letter which includes information on how to apply.
Do I need to create an account in the SINN web-page to apply for housing?
Do SINN only offer dorms?
- No, they do offer apartments, but these are mainly rented for one academical year. Exchange students might need to provide a special reason if they wish to rent apartments (if there are any available). Please contact SINN for more information.
Do I need to apply for a bedding set from SINN in my housing application?
- No. However, you need to notify SINN if you do not want this set. Either in your application or by e-mail.
What is included in the bedding set from SINN?
- A pillow and cover, duvet and cover, bedding sheet and curtains. Towels are not included.
How much does the bedding set cost?
- The set costs 500 NOK. This fee is added to the first invoice.
Do I need to pick up my bedding set?
- No, it will be in your room upon arrival.
Do I need to pay a deposit for my key?
- No. You will have to pay if you lose it. For more information, click here.
Will my shared kitchen be fully equipped?
- Most likely no. In most cases, SINN removes the left over kitchenware and cutlery. However, in some cases they do not. Students will need to buy what they need upon arrival. It is recommended that students living together share the costs and buy equipment together. The assigned Buddy can assist and give recommendations on where to buy this the cheapest. There are options of second-hand stores, IKEA Ringsaker (1 hour away from Lillehammer) and other general stores.
Will there be cleaning equipments in the dorm?
- Yes. A vacum cleaner and a broom will be at the students disposal. Soap and such must be bought by the residents.
Will there be laundry machines in my dorm?
- Yes. Each dorm has their own laundry room. The prices varies according to each dorm.
My dorm application suddenly disappeared. What happened?
- Please read the "Your application" part in SINN's web-page for information on renewing your application.
There is an error with my on-campus housing application. Whom should I contact?
- Contact SINN at firstname.lastname@example.org. The International Office cannot be of help here.
Can I rent off-campus housing?
- Yes. However, it is recommended to rent through SINN. The easiest option for off-campus housing will be informed by the International Office in the information e-mail after the application deadline. The off-campus housing options we offer are in collaboration with the students going abroad the parallel semester. Students can rent off-campus housing through other sites if wished (Airbnb or other).
How do I apply for a residence permit?
- Please view our web-site for the guide.
When should I apply?
- As soon as you have received the Admission Letter and the Certificate of Eligibility, which is given after the application deadline.
- Check out the waiting time for "First time application" in the UDI web-page to see how long it will take to process your application.
Where do I need to submit my application?
- The online application will inform you where to go. It will be closest Norwegian Embassy/Consulate.
- If the web-page does not inform you, please contact the closest Norwegian Embassy/Consulate in the country you are studying in. They will be of great help.
What is INN University’s organization number?
I cannot book an appointment with the police station in Lillehammer after arrival/there are no available appointments. What should I do?
- Try to book an appointment with the Police Station in Gjøvik or in Hamar.
Do I need to apply for a residence permit?
- No, it is not needed. EU/EEA-citizens only need to register with the police. Students whom are studying in EU/EEA, but are not EU/EEA-citizens, must apply for the residence permit by following the guide.
When should I register with the police?
- Within 90 days after your arrival in Lillehammer. This can be done through UDI's web-page.
Which documents should I bring to Lillehammer?
- Student ID from home Institution. Passport and/or Identification card (EU/EEA-citizens). Students from outside EU/EEA must bring their Passport. Health card (EU/EEA-citizens) or other documents with your insurance information. Credit/debit card (VISA/MasterCard/Maestro/American Express card) which has no fee per use.
Should I buy my books before arriving, or in Lillehammer?
- That is up to you. If the list of required (obligatorisk) curriculum is published, students can choose whether to buy it back home or after arrival. If students wish to buy the curriculum after arrival, it can be done in the Campus Bookshop, or through a second-hand Facebook group. For the FAcebook group, it is recommended to ask for assistance from your Buddy, as most sales are done in Norwegian.
Where can I find the curriculum list?
- You can search for your courses here. Use the course names/codes to find them. Obligatorisk litteratur = mandatory curriculum. Anbefalt litteratur = recommended curriculum.
Which sports/student groups is there at Campus Lillehammer?
- To see the full overview, please view this web-page.
Can I exchange money from EURO to NOK in Lillehammer?
- No. There are no exchange offices in Lillehammer. Remember to exchange money in the Airport upon arrival.
Can I send a parcel to the University with my stuff before I arrive?
- No. Parcels must be sent directly to your dorm address. You need to be in Lillehammer to pick up the parcel. Make sure to write your full address. Parcels/letters with incomplete addresses might be sent in return. Remember to include your room number.
- Example: Smestad dorm: Name of receiver, Smestadvegen 14 (A/B/C/D) H (room number), 2619 Lillehammer, Norway.
I plan on driving to Norway. How do I pay the Norwegian toll fees?
- Everyone driving with a car has to pay the Norwegian road toll. It is recommended that students whom are driving to Norway with their foreign car, register their vehicle with EPC plc (Euro Parking Collection) before the journey, in order to easily check and pay the invoice(s). It is recommended that students staying more than two months should register for an AutoPASS contract and toll tag; however, it is not necessary.
Will the summer tires on my car be sufficient?
- No. You need to bring winter tires. It is illegal to drive with summer tires during winter. Please click here for more information.
I would like to get a part-time job in Lillehammer. How can I do so?
- Getting a part-time job in Lillehammer is not easy for students who cannot speak Norwegian. Most types of jobs has a requirement of Norwegian. The best recommendation is for students to print out their resume and go around the city of Lillehammer. No part-time jobs are available at the INN University.